Vir Das : Losing It

Vir Das : Losing It Review


Recently Vir Das, an indian actor and comic presented his Netflix stand up special and I was surprised to see that coming. I had not known Vir Das was a so popular stand up and that made me eager to watch his special.





Synopsis


Vir Das in his Netflix Special "Losing It" is all about his personal incidents which do not relate to each other in any order though. He also talks about India and religions in India with great political jokes. 




My Opinion


Vir Das comedy was not something that anyone would like in the starting 20 minutes. The crowd shouting synchronously for about 2 minutes on his entry was something I never anticipated. After 20 minutes I started to find his jokes funny which were exclusively on religions and politics. His personal incidents were more like a story which was not funny or maybe not told in a funny manner as Biswa would have told. I liked how he combines Islam and Christianity which follows for 5 minutes. There was nothing which could hurt any political or religious institution though. I liked how he does not laugh on his own joke like Sourabh Pant. The show was great but overall I did not find it that funny as an Indian standup or Russell Peters shows are.

Comments